Thursday, April 5, 2012

More pix - are you sick of us yet? And we're not even home yet.

Getting on the Long boats as we leave Phi Phi Island yesterday. Had no idea it would take us hours, negotiating, and sprinting to get to our next hotel which spewed muddy water out of the tap. Tonight is our last night in Krabi and we're ready to head out. Hope all the negotiating we've done for transport tomorrow (longboat, ferry, taxi) gets us to the Krabi airport in time for our flight. We're exhausted and sunburned.
This sign was on the beach - you may need to click to enlarge - kinda homemadish looking. Loved it.
Dad feeding a monkey in a mangrove tree.
Another pic from the longtail boat ride yesterday in the ocean waves - about 4 to 5 feet high. With our spindly little Thai guy standing manning a little steering wheel, we kinda wondered what we'd do if he feel off. It was an Experience.
So why didn't I know that while snorkeling, I'd get the backs of my legs so sunburned I can hardly walk. But then neither can Dad. We look pretty ancient. Look at the beautiful, clear water. The fish were amazing and beautiful. First time I've ever snorkled as long as I wanted and then some.
This was at the pier where I wanted to walk around, but had my head down at a table trying to get some semblance of normalcy back so I could get on the ferry - and I forgot to mention in the e mail that after the taxi driver took us at break speeds to the pier - we had to sprint a mile dragging our suitcases to the longboat guy who then over charged us to take us to the hotel - Oh well. Is anybody reading any of this? Haven't heard from anybody - oh yes, did from Ginny. Thanks. And by the way Ginny, I found the new pair of flip flops in a side pocket of my suitcase - was SO thankful. They're just wonderful and getting very broke in on the Thailand sandy beaches. AND I don't think your neighborhood is zoned for baby elephants - with or without hats. Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment